19 May 2010

End of the Semester

FINALLY...the end of the semester and the end of 2.5 years of pre-requisite science classes in preparation for applying for the PA and Nursing programs. I've completed Biology, Chemistry, Anatomy, Microbiology and Physiology. I wasn't sure my brain could handle this massive amount of information. I learned not only all the muscles, bones, nerves and organs of the body, but exactly how each and every organ system communicates via hormones and nerves, to how food is digested from the time it enters your mouth to how it's absorbed by your GI tract and used within your body. You wouldn't believe how intricate the mechanisms are within your body that maintain your inner homeostasis (pH, temperature, blood pressure, glucose, Sodium, Water, and Oxygen). The crowning glory was recieving an A in my toughest class, Physio and being complemented by my professor, who all through the semester doesn't give anyone half a backwards glance. She even calls herself the New York Nazi. She said, "she would be proud to look up from her hospital bed to see me taking care of her as a PA or Nurse". Coming from her that's quite a complement. Below is a picture of my constant companion. My trusty backpack. He's taking a rest from all the hussle & bustle of schoolwork.



I'm looking forward to spending some time NOT studying. That is for a few weeks anyway. I'm trying to get into an online Psychology class this summer. I got a "new to me" bike last night from a Craigslist ad. It's a Trek 3900 Hardtail. I'm going to be riding to work with my co-workers and of course taking long bike rides with the family. Below is a picture of it.

2 comments:

kitty joe said...

hugest congratulations! but hey, i thought you got a B in phsyio despite the A on the final? as i suspected, i suppose, you were just panicking? anyway, i'm so proud of you. i'm quite sure i couldn't have gotten through all of those science classes! enjoy your break!

Anonymous said...

Hey Neice Naomi, I knew you could do it. What a gal, what a mom, what a neice. And she makes dynamic key lime pie!
Aunt Lizard