Dear Family and Friends:
It's almost time to get REALLY xcited. I can't believe the end is nearing. I have just 8 more weeks of theory for Nursing school before I start my preceptorship. Currently I'm working on the Oncology floor for my advanced medical-surgical clinical experience. This experience will allow me to be much more autonomous and taking on the full Nursing care for 4 patients per shift (the maximum on the Oncology floor). I'll also do 2 out-rotations, one in the ED (Emergency Dept) and one in the ICU (Intensive Care Unit). Preceptorship will be a 6 week experience, one to one with my mentor (preceptor) in one of the local hospitals. I do not know yet where I'll be placed. I'm hoping for the Neonatal ICU or regular ICU. Major skills for this semester will include tracheostomy care, IV starts and advanced neurological assessment.
I spend a lot of time dreaming out my pinning ceremony and how I'll be feeling standing up there with the rest of my awesome cohort, looking out upon my greatest supporters. I know it's going to feel SO good to be done and move on with getting a job and starting this next phase of my life.
I'm also waiting to hear of admittance to Sonoma State University to begin my BS in Nursing starting Fall 2013. I should know by April 15th.
Thank you for your continued support and love...Naomi
No comments:
Post a Comment