31 August 2007

Funny Things They Say

I've been awaiting all those funny little sayings that you hear other people telling you that their kids said in the most embarrassing moments possible. Riiigggghhhtttt!!!!!!!! Luckily we were in the car when this little gem happened.

Just after picking up Colin from preschool today; we're turning the corner from College Avenue to Marlow. A "chubby" man is on the corner. Colin excitedly screams to me, "Mommy, that man has a baby in his tummy." Well, it would seem so wouldn't it Colin!

Another one at home. I was explaining to him where milk comes from. Using the story about when he was a little baby he used to drink "mommy's milk" from my "booby" and then when he got bigger he was able to drink cows milk. I said, "the cows made milk and we would bring it home"....here he pipes in with, "and we bring it home and we would put it into your booby". Well sort of Colin, but not really.

The other day, Colin is in my room. I ask him what he's doing and he says, "just screwing around Mommy, that's all, just screwing around". Priceless! We're trying to make that "messing around" and it's going pretty well so far.

1 comment:

kitty joe said...

precious! i'm so glad you're writing this stuff down!